The Tribe is seeking enthusiastic design, marketing, and social media interns to join our team!
An internship at The Tribe will provide you with hands on experience in our creatively driven small business. You will learn and develop skills in different areas of our operations with a focus on design, marketing and events/artist management. Working directly with the founder and director of The Tribe, the internship will be varied and full of practical learning and valuable industry experience.
- Please note this is an unpaid internship
- Out of pocket business expenses will be covered
- Duration and days per week to be decided by you and developed into an agreed program of work
- One-on-one mentorship from The Tribe Founder and Creative Director
- Excellent industry experience and networking opportunities
- Work behind the scenes on our growing social media account
The types of roles we are looking to fill:
- E-Commerce Site Management and Development
- PR, Marketing and Events Assistant
- Social Media Content Creator
Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate or graduate student, recent graduate in graphic design, photography or marketing
- Interest in contemporary art, culture and design
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and writing) skills
- Able to work independently, with a team, and remotely
- Flexible and positive attitude; open-minded and curious
- Reliable, hard-working, and able to meet deadlines
- A quick learner
- Knowledge and understanding of the emerging design community in Sydney
- Work or volunteer experience in a retail or arts environment
- Work or volunteer experience in designing public programming (e.g. workshops, talks)
- Work or volunteer experience in exhibitions
- Work or volunteer experience in maintaining websites, blogs and social media
- Work or volunteer experience in e-commerce site maintenance
- Work or volunteer experience in packaging
- An interest and skill in product photography
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
We welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply please email us at [email protected] with your CV and please include the following details:
- why you are interested in being an intern
- any relevant work or volunteer experience
- web links to your portfolio, personal website or social media account
- your availability.
We thank everyone who applies; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
The Tribe is a curated art & design based retail store with a focus on affordable art, wall hangings, home wares and jewellery. We are based in Darlinghurst and our store also hosts a small exhibition and workshop space as well as an in-house photography studio. The Tribe is ultimately a place for artists to gain exposure and mentorship. We run workshops and networking events as well as mentoring for young creatives. If this sounds like a vision you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you.
Jess has a Bachelor of Visual Communication design and over ten years’ experience working in fashion, retail, visual merchandising and graphic design. As Creative Director, Founder and owner of The Tribe, Jess currently controls all aspects of the business from sourcing, buying & selling product, website design and marketing, as well as building new business.